Spinlessplates commented on the following stories on BizSugar
Hi Susan Fantastic post And also agree that we over complicate things usually as a good excuse to either not start or not finish something within our businesses I recently had the privilege of listening to Ben Hunt-Davies (Olympic gold medalist) give a talk and he spoke about how they had just 1 question every action was measured against " Does it make the boat go faster" If the answer was yes they did it, if no they didn't I got 1 goal in my business (down from about 4 lists of goals!) and now my business decisions are really simple "
Thank you so much for your comment. Haven't answered a call to my business in 19 months - they all go to a call answer company who email me messages and I reply back twice a day. My VIP customers only have a mobile number. Email is checked in the same two time blocks for 1 of my businesses, and in 3 other time blocks for my other business although all 5 updates usually take less than 60 minutes a day accumulative to reply to. Rest of my day is spent on marketing, software testing and playing with my kids! "
Brilliant article using the 80:20 rule to highlight difference between knowledge and strategy Although let's not forget that both added together are only 20% of the result, the other 80% is the doing Knowing plus strategy without action gives no results "